2/20/2008

A MESSAGE FROM SEAN "THE BEAST" FISTER, 3-TIME REMAX WORLD LONG DRIVE CHAMPION


We are getting pretty close, and it doesn't look like I will hear back again from Beast, but it looked good for a while. oh well, blog is starting to fade a bit, running out of shit to say, guess that's a good sign, here was the string,
----------

Mr. Fister,
We have a group of 12 going down to play Bandon Dunes in March. It's my job this year to put together a program for everyone with helpful tips, quotes and "words of wisdom." One of the competitions we have is a long-drive contest.

If there is any insight or inspiration you would like to pass on to us about your approach to driving the ball? We would be greatly appreciated. This is just for fun, but I noticed the email address online and thought it couldn't hurt to send an email. Thank you for your time and good luck in your current endeavors and the power show exhibitions.

Sincerely,
Robert "Mack" McDougall
organizer, "The 2008 Whammer Invitational"

a little bit about our group: Every year 12 of us plan a trip to a major
golf destination. Our trophy is a large six and a half foot tall titanium driver called "The Whammer". Over the weekend there are points for KP, Long Drive, Poker, Team Best Ball, Putting Contest, and Best Toast.


-----------------------------------------
On 12/14/07 2:52 PM, "Sean Fister" wrote:

Mack, I have a group that does the same sort of thing annually.

What kind of guys are we talking about? Is this a spiritual minded group, a beer drinking group, young, or seasoned?
Give me some parameters of who I'll be addressing.

I can do something serious for you add a little humor or make it very funny but I don't want to offend anyone so I need to know if it's a bunch from Church or a bunch from a country club.

Beast


-----------------------------------------
On Dec 14, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Robert Mack McDougall wrote:

We are definitely a beer drinking group, average age is about 35.
Our weekend will probably break-down into the following percentages:

Enjoying cold beverages: 56%
golf: 32%
grabass: 2%
poker: 2%
arguing: 1%
chatting up the drink cart girls: 4%
pranks: 2%
lying: 1%
sleep: 0%

You get the picture!.. Thanks for the response. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Mack

-----------------------------------------

Perfect...I was hoping you would tell me exactly that.

Due to being down from shoulder surgery, I have a little time so I'll try to come up with something.

Beast


end of communication, when i didn't hear back i started to pester the beast and never heard another word. oh well..
WATCH HIM IN ACTION

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one told me about the long drive contest... or you did and I was drunk and forgot.

I will wager my one whammer point that I do not win this, especially if there are no cart paths. any takers? since the beast hasn't written back I will share my secret for long drives: try to hit it as hard as you possibly can but instead shank it off the tee and hope for a lot of top spin... watch it roll 300 yards on the ground. wherever possible, try to hit the cart path-- usually good for an extra 100 yards if you're going downhill. also a good trick: make sure you're using the same exact ball as the guy next to you, then it will come down to your word against his word which ball is actually yours.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Matt. Swing as hard as you can, hopefully your slice or hook will carry into the adjoining fairway and you can pitch up onto the green from the ladies tee box. I have done this many times!

Guvnor said...

I think the percentages for beer-drinking and ass-grabbing are way low. And let's not forget at least 12% dedicated to public urination.